About the County Clerk
Maintain public records for the citizens of Manistee County. Provide information requested in a proficient and timely manner.
The Manistee County Clerk’s Office has three major functions:
- Maintain Vital Manistee County Records
- Election Coordinator for Manistee County
- Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Processes and maintains all Circuit Court files
The Clerk’s Office issues, indexes and records Vital Records such as Marriage Licenses, Birth Certificates and Death Certificates.
The Clerk’s Office is responsible for all Election Activities in Manistee County.
Clerk of the Circuit Court
As Clerk of the Circuit Court, the Clerk’s Office maintains the Circuit Court Records of the 19th Circuit Court, Juvenile Court and the Family Division of the Circuit Court.
Boards & Commissions
The County Clerk is also the Clerk for the Board of Commissioners and statutorily serves on numerous County Boards and Commissions.
Search for State of Michigan court forms, including Personal Protection Order forms on the Michigan Courts website.
Personal Protection Forms
- Petition and Order for Personal Protection Order (Domestic Relationship) (PDF)
- Petition and Order for Personal Protection Order (Nondomestic) (PDF)
Available Monday thru Friday from 10:00a.m. to 11:30a.m. and 1:30p.m. to 4:00p.m.
Space for genealogy research is limited to one individual at a time.
Jill M. Nowak
Manistee County Clerk