State law requires that all dogs four months of age or older have a current rabies vaccination and dog license. A dog license needs to be purchased within the month the dog receives its rabies shot. Manistee County dog licenses expire at the end of the month in which the rabies vaccination is given.
Requirements for Purchase
- A valid rabies vaccination certificate signed by an accredited veterinarian
- Certificate of spay or neutering, if applicable
- Appropriate fee
Fees vary based on whether or not the dog is spayed/neutered. Delinquent fees apply if you don't purchase your license by the last day of the month in which your dog receives its rabies vaccination. Delinquent fees also apply if you did not get a license the previous year.
- 1-year license $10
- 3-year license (if qualifies based on rabies expiration) $30
- 1-year license $20
- 3-year license (if qualifies based on rabies expiration) $60
- 1-year license for all dogs $40
- 3-year license for spayed/neutered (if qualifies based on rabies expiration) $60
- 3-year license for male/female (if qualifies based on rabies expiration) $80
New Dog / Puppy / Resident
If you have a new dog or puppy, or are a new resident to Manistee County, the fees will be at the non-delinquent rate as long as you acquire the license within 30 days.
If your dog's license is lost, you may bring in your dog license receipt to the Manistee County Treasurer’s Office and we will issue your dog a new license at no charge. This replacement license will only be valid as long as the original license was valid.
Dog licenses are available at the following location:
Manistee County Treasurer
415 Third Street
Manistee, MI 49660
Contact us at 231-723-3173.
Kennel licenses are available through Manistee County Animal Control, 231-723-3170.