Citizen's Guide to Local Finances
Information last updated on November 22, 2022.
Welcome to Manistee County’s Citizens Guide to Local Government Finances. This guide is designed to provide you with easy access to pertinent financial information regarding the operation of Manistee County government. Please contact us if you have suggestions for additional information to be placed on this site, or if you have suggestions to make it more user friendly. It is the County’s intent to be as transparent as possible in disclosing financial information to the public. Other information regarding County government activities, reports, minutes, agendas, etc., can be found in other sections of this website.
Manistee County Controller/Administrator’s Office
415 Third Street
Manistee, MI 49660
The following information is attached to this guide:
- A complete Manistee County Government 2022 Municipal Performance Dashboard and Financial Summary. This information can be found on the Financial Dashboard and Financial Summary. This dashboard will provide you with historical graphs, charts and statistical information regarding all phases of County government.
- A complete copy of Manistee County’s FY 2022/23 General Fund budget, supplemental fund budgets, and budget resolution, which was adopted by the County Board of Commissioners on Tuesday, September 27, 2022. The budget resolution outlines policies and procedures regarding the current fiscal year and provides information regarding millage that will be levied by the County. A copy of the Board's Strategic Plan is also attached to the budget.
- A summary of the FY 2022/23 County General Fund budget projections. The budget projections can be found under Table 1.
- A listing of Manistee County’s debt services requirements. This list includes the following:
- Table 2 is a comparative schedule of actuarial accrued liabilities for the Manistee County employee retirement system through the Municipal Employees Retirement System. This table includes Courthouse, Sheriff, Library, and Medical Care Facility employees.
- Table 3 contains the Manistee County determination of unfunded actuarial accrued liability as of December 31, 2019 for Post Employment health care benefits (O.P.E.B.).
- Table 4 contains a combined schedule of principal and interest requirements for Manistee County’s 2016 Building Authority Refunding bonds. This debt is the result of the Courthouse renovation project which occurred in 1998-2000.
- Table 5 contains a combined schedule of principal and interest requirements for Michigan Transportation Fund Refunding bonds, Series 2012. This debt is the result of the Road Commission building construction in 2004.
Previous fiscal year budgets can be found in the archive center.