Manistee County is working to expand and enhance recycling opportunities to meet the needs of County residents.
Please locate your community in the list below to find the recycling drop-off location that services your area.
For additional information or to share suggestions and comments, contact the County Controller / Administrator's office at 231-398-3500.
Recycling in Manistee County by Community:
Arcadia Township, Brown Township, Cleon/Copemish Township, Maple Grove/Kaleva Township, Marilla Township, Onekama Township, Springdale Township. Manistee Co Recycling Flier
Bear Lake Township: Contact Bear Lake Township for recycling information at 231-864-3620.
City of Manistee: Contact City of Manistee for recycling information at 231-723-2558. City of Manistee website
Dickson Township: Contact Dickson Township for recycling information at 231-477-5885.
Filer Township: Contact Filer Township for information at 231- 723-3138. Filer Township website
Manistee Township: Contact Manistee Township for recycling information at 231-723-6507. Manistee Township website
Norman Township: Contact Norman Township for recycling information at 231-848-4564.
Pleasanton Township: Contact Pleasanton Township for recycling information at 231-864-2584. Pleasanton Township website
Stronach Township and Manistee County Residents: Recycling drop-off at Republic Service located at 3890 Camp Road. Contact Stronach Township for recycling information at 231-723-7983.
Please contact your community offices to verify location, hours and recyclable materials accepted.
PCA Cardboard/Paper Recycling Trailers
Recycling collection trailers are provided by Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) as a fundraiser for schools. The schools are responsible for managing the cardboard and paper at the drop-off trailers and are paid for the material collected.
Trailers are located the following sites for cardboard and paper recycling:
Kaleva recycling site
Old Kennedy School, Parkdale
Manistee Catholic Central
Wellston Transfer Station
Old high school in Brethren
Betsie Valley School
Onekama Township Hall
How is Recycling Beneficial?
- Recycling turns materials that would otherwise become garbage into valuable resources. Collecting used bottles, cans and newspapers and taking them to a recycling facility is the first in a series of steps that generates a host of financial, environmental and social benefits.
- Recycling reduces the need for landfilling and the need for new landfills.
- Recycling creates manufacturing jobs.
- Recycling saves energy: recycling requires less energy than extraction and processing of raw natural resources.
- Recycling creates less greenhouse gas than landfilling.
- Recycling conserves natural resources including timber, water and minerals.
- Recycling helps to sustain our environment for future generations.
- Recycling takes materials that would otherwise end up in landfills and gives them a second chance at becoming a new product.
Download the Manistee County Recycling Flyer:
Manistee Co Recycling Flier ( 2015-08-27 15:01:12)