(231) 723-8393 Ext. #21
Bob joined the Manistee County Sheriff’s Office in January of 1989 as a Correctional Officer. In his capacity as a Correctional Officer, he served as a training officer and classification officer. He promoted to Lieutenant/Jail Administrator in August of 1999. He was promoted to Captain in October of 2008.
• Graduate of Brethren High School in 1981
• Certified Field Training Officer (FTO) 1996
• Graduate of National Institute of Corrections “Administering The Small Jail” in 2001
• Graduate of Northwestern University’s “School of Police Staff and Command” in 2002
• District #2 Chairperson of Jail Administrators Sub-Committee from 2005-2007
• District #2 Vice Chairperson of Jail Administrators Sub-Committee 2008
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversees personnel management functions of scheduling, work assignments, reviewing performance, and dealing with employee relation matters
• Oversees preparation and implementation of the Manistee County Jail Budget
• Coordinates daily operations of the jail, confers with supervisory officers, and ensures compliance with departmental rules, regulations, and policies, as well as those set by the Michigan Department of Corrections.
• Writing of grants
• Responds to complaints from citizens and inmates and determines appropriate action to take to resolve complaints
• Helps coordinate training for employees
• Oversees equipment issued in the jail
• Represents the Sheriff at various meetings to explain issues concerning the jail
• Oversees and participates in the maintenance of all records and reports submitted by the Manistee County Jail to ensure applicable compliance of regulations, standards, and rules.
Last Updated on Friday, 15 January 2010 14:27