|Fees & Requirements|
Fees and Requirements for the recording, searching and copying of documents in the Register of Deeds Office are as follows:
Effective October 1, 2016, recording feeds for all documents recorded in the Register of Deeds Office will be $30.00 regardless of the number of pages. The only exception will be if the document assigns or discharges more than one instrument, the $3.00 fee for each instrument after the first reference remains.
Assignment and Discharge Fees:
For any document which assigns or discharges more than one instrument:
$3.00 shall be added to the recording fee for each addtional instrument so assigned or discharged.
Warranty Deeds - Land Contracts:
A tax certificate must be obtained from the County Treasurer's office prior to recording of any of the following [MCLA 211.135]:
Any Deed which contains a covenant of Warranty
Assignment of Land Contract with warranty clause
Master Deed for Condominium
Tax certificate fee is $5.00
Copy and Search Fees:
Real Estate Record Copy: $7.00 for a two page document. $1.00 per page after the first two. Includes search fee.
Plat Copy: $2.00 per page
$5.00 per document fee for certification of any copies. [To be eligible for certification, the document must be copied in its entirety.]
Real Estate Per Name: $0.50 per year with a $5.00 minimum fee
State Tax Lien Certificate: $3.00 per name searched
Federal Tax Lien Certificate: $3.00 per name searched
U.C.C.-11 Certificate: 6.00 per name searched
Payment must be received before documents are released.
1. Signatures must be original; and names must be typed or printed beneath signatures. MCLA 565.201 Sec. 1 (a)
2. No discrepancy shall exist between names printed in the notary acknowledgment and as printed beneath signatures MCLA 565.201Sec 1 (b)
3. Instruments conveying or motgaging property shall state the marital status of all male grantors/mortgagors. MCLA 565.221
4. The address of the grantees in each deed of conveyance or assignment of real estate shall contain the street number address of post office address. MCLA 565.201 Sec. 1(d)
5. The name and address of the person who drafted the document must appear on documents executed in Michigan. MCLA 565.201a
6. Documents purporting to convey or encumber real estate executed in Michigan require an acknowledgement by a judge, clerk of a court of record, or a notary public within this state MCLA 565.8; form: LAND 565.4, MCLA 565.265;565.267
7. A certified copy of the death certificate or proof of death must be recorded or have been recorded and referenced by Liber and Page on said document when "survivor" is indicated on the document. MCLA 565.48
8. Court orders must be certified and sealed by the clerk of the court. MCLA 565.401,565.411
9. The document submitted for recording must be legible. MCLA 565.201 Sec. 1 (f) (iv).
10. Documents must have a margin of unprinted space at least 2 1/2 inches at the top of the first page and at least 1/2 inche on all remaining sides of each page. MCLA 565.201 Sec. 1 (f) (i)
11. Documents must display on the first line of print on the first page, a single statement identifying the recordable event that the instrument evidences. MCLA 565.201 Sec. 1 (f) (ii); 565.203 Sec. 3
12. The type on the form must be printed with black ink; type size at least 10-point MCLA 565.201 Sec 1 (f) (iii) (iv)
13. The paper on which the document is printed must be white and not less than 20-pound weight MCLA 565.201 Sec. 1 (f) (iv)
14. The size of the document and any attachment thereto must be at least 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches and at most 8 1/2 inches by 14 inches MCLA 565.201 Sec 1 (f) (v) (vi)
|Last Updated on Thursday, 06 October 2016 14:37|